Skip to main content

Alhamdulillah

Assalamualaikum,

So this is it. I have always wanted to write a blog. However, I do not know how to start, and what to write about. I saw quite a lot of people that do blogs and it made me even more curious. I do not have WiFi at home thus it is impossible to write blogs everyday, let alone every week. (Yes, I can use my phone but it eats my data too much). Bear with me okay ? 

Ever since I started working, things are slowly getting better, I have my own desktop at work that I can use to blog and most of my task/job is online (ya'know like research and all). Working full time is a new experience, making the transition from a student to a full time employee is huge for me. Its scared me but its a good thing. (I mean, if not now then when?).

I am 26 years old and working (Yay!). And soon I will be engaged to the most caring human being on earth. He's the cream to my oreo(Haha!). I will talk about this maybe next time. Right now I think I will talk about the book that I recently read called " The Art of Letting God " by the author Mizi Wahid. It is an amazing book similar to "Reclaim your heart" by Yasmin Mogahed. 

You know sometimes life hit us way deeper than we can imagine, tho not everyday, but when it does, you feel helpless; I feel helpless, alone, scared, angry, sad (any emotions you name it). I have many ways to cope with this situation, one is by watching YouTube videos by Mufti Ismail Menk or by Professor Muhaya. They motivates you to be grateful in such a way that you will feel slightly better towards the end. 

And sometimes I read! Yes I read. I love reading. One of the book that helped me was of course by Yasmin Mogahed which I read years ago. Now, I read the book by Mizi Wahid. As cliche as it may sound, the book is very relatable.  And the page/parts that is very relatable to me is this. "The best is yet to come", yes I believe that with all of my heart. With prayer, hardwork and tawakkul, nothing is impossible. 

The Art of Letting God by Mizi Wahid

As years passed by, I think I have blossomed beautifully. From someone that does not wear a hijab daily (tho born as a muslim) to someone who is proud to wear the hijab. Emotionally as well I think I have improved quite tremendously. I do still struggle daily but its a process. And as long as there is progress, then it is a good thing (Right?)

How is my blog right now?? Is it too much? I hope not.


Love,
Faizah.


Comments